I was gifted the KISS ME HEAVY ROTATION LIQUID EYELINER by a chum about 1.5 months back and I've used it consistently since and I must say, I really do like it loads! So I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on this eyeliner :)
- Packaging-wise, the design is simple - just pull off the cap and you're good to go. A plain black tube embellished with bright silver print of the name (which has not worn off despite constant handling)
- Unlike some other liners, it is neither like a marker pen (e.g. the Bourjois Lineur Feutre where the ink simply flows to the tip without you having to do anything) nor does it have a screw mechanism to dispense the liquid eyeliner (e.g. the Majolica Majorca Neo Automatic Liquid Eyeliner) - instead, you SHAKE the pen to 'activate' ink flow. The great thing about this? I've never once seen a glob of ink on the brush-tip no matter how much I shook it - I didn't have to worry about cleaning off excess product on a tissue first or make any globby smudge on my eyes.
- I personally like the brush-tip - I would say its shaped like a flat spear-head (pointy at the top). As for the texture of the brush-tip: its just FIRM (i.e not sloppy and bushy but its also not hard) and DOES NOT SPLAY OUT. The shape and the texture of the brush-tip allows you to either draw a very fine line or a broader line.
Thin edges that allow you to draw very fine lines
Flat surface that allows you to draw thicker lines
- The brush-tip itself has not changed shape after constant use (which attests to the fact that its somewhat firm) - yet, there is a degree of "malleability" (or flexibility) - I was able to write my name with it!
- The product itself is a deep, dark black - no grey, green, brown tones. The product is also not runny or watery so I have no issues needing to wait for it to dry; this means that it also doesn't settle into fine lines or bleed anywhere
- I've worn this eyeliner out for very long hours - like 12 hour days - and with the humidity and my regular perspiration, I did NOT notice any fading, smudging, flaking or migration of this eyeliner. I generally don't fidget with my eyes much so I guess that helps but it remains intact until I take it off with my makeup remover.
- Speaking of removing, while this eyeliner is long-wearing, I notice I don't need to tug and pull at my eyes to remove the eyeliner - it comes off easily with a cotton-pad soaked with waterproof eyemakeup remover. According to my COMMANDO-STYLED ATTACK (which is mostly subjecting products to WATER-TREATMENT), I found that the eyeliner REMAINS INTACT (no streaking, fading or running) when placed under RUNNING WATER. However, it did come off when I rubbed it after that - which leaves me to conclude that it might be water-resistant (but not waterproof).
My hand is still wet and no streaking!
- Overall, I really do like using this eyeliner. I have no difficulties using it and I neither have trouble putting it on or taking it off. I'm not tooo sure how much it retails for (I will check and update this post) but I am likely going to re-purchase this after I run out! If I'm not wrong, its available only at Watsons. Here are some EOTDs of the KISS ME HEAVY ROTATION LIQUID EYELINER in action (first 2 shots show slightly finer applications, while the 3rd shot shows a slightly thicker application):
Hope you found this review useful!
DISCLAIMER: I am neither affiliated to, nor is this a paid / sponsored advertisement by KISS ME HEAVY ROTATION. This product was gifted to me by a chum and I did not pay for it. All opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced by anyone.